Lodging and Camping In/Near Rocky Mountain National Park
All of the nearby towns offer a variety of lodging to meet your needs.
Consult the Local Lodging
site, created by the Estes Accomodations Association.
Rocky Mountain National Park offers hundreds of camp sites, as well as
backcountry sites that offer even more peace and solitude in the mountains.
Campgrounds: Reservations cost $6. Water is only available
during the summer months. Rocky Mountain National Park has five
- Longs Peak (First come, first served. Tents Only. Open year round).
- Aspenglen (First come, first served. Open summers).
- Timber Creek (First come, first served. Open year round).
- Moraine Park (Open year round. Reservations: 1-800-365-2267).
- Glacier Basin (Open summers. Reservations: 1-800-365-2267).
Backcountry Camping: Rocky Mountain National Park hosts hundreds
of backcountry sites:
- Alan Silverstein maintains a
backcountry sites (updated 1994, slightly out of date).
- Backcountry camping is by permit only. During the summer months, permits
- Reservations are suggested. Call the Backcountry Office at
(970) 586-1242. Be patient, sometimes it takes a while to get through.
- Bivouacs are by permit only. Allowed only at Glacier Gorge, Longs
Peak, Loch Vale and Notchtop.